Shore Regional celebrates annual Student of the Month

As we anticipate the announcement of December’s SOTM, we look back and congratulate November’s SOTM winners.

Tea Damiano, Staff Writer

For several years, Shore Regional has been conducting a “Student of the Month” program as a way to recognize and celebrate students who have not only excelled academically, but who also have demonstrated their positive contributions to Shore and its surrounding community.

Each month, two students from either the junior or senior class are chosen by the Shore Regional faculty and staff. Student of the Month winners are to exhibit appropriate prioritization of responsibilities both in and out of the classroom. By exhibiting exemplary character and fortitude, faculty and administration hope that SOTM winners will inspire all Shore students to follow in their footsteps and demonstrate these qualities on a daily basis, maybe even one day winning SOTM themselves. 

This past month, faculty and administration nominated Junior, Ryan Kozak and Senior, Justeen Gordon as the November “Students of the Month”. 

Upon receipt of the monthly honor, Justeen Gordon expressed how her family is her biggest role model while Ryan Kozak expressed that his mother is the most influential person in his life. Both students aspire to be “successful in life”. In ten years, Kozak hopes to be on Broadway pursuing his lifelong dream of becoming an actor. Gordon sees herself working as a physical therapist for the NFL one day.

In the follow-up questionnaire upon their nominations, both students were asked to provide their most inspirational quotes for life and success. Gordon submitted an original quote: “I’m not perfect, I’m original.” Ryan submitted his favorite quote, by Maya Angelou: “You can only become truly accomplished at something you love. Don’t make money your goal. Instead, pursue the things you love doing, and then do them so well that people can’t take their eyes off you.”

The Beacon sincerely congratulates Justeen Gordon and Ryan Kozak on their much deserved titles of November’s “Student of the Month”.

Senior, Justeen Gordon
Junior, Ryan Kozak