January’s SOTM: Senior, Taylor Sousa

January’s SOTM: Senior, Taylor Sousa

Tea Damiano

Two students have been selected as the Shore regional Students of the Month for January. This is an ongoing program that Shore Regional takes part in to reward students who exhibit exceptional leadership qualities. Seniors, Taylor Sousa and Victoria Amado were chosen by faculty for this honor in the month of January. Both Sousa and Amado bear qualities that have a positive and lasting effect on their fellow classmates.

Former boys’ soccer and wrestling captain, Taylor Sousa expressed how his older brother, Thomas, has and continues to be a positive influence in his life. Because of his brother’s impact, Taylor finds himself to be more assertive, competitive and eager to learn, as well as to push himself to achieve all he can in life.

Sousa notes that throughout his time at Shore Regional, Mrs. Simonson, his French teacher, and P.E. teacher, Mr. Rankin have both positively influenced him as a student. He admires their passion for what they do and how they both have significantly affected not only him but many other student at Shore. Taylor takes takes pride in his membership of the following clubs: National Honor Society, the French Club, and the International Club.

In ten years, Taylor sees himself having a stable job that supports him, and he plans on giving back and helping his parents when they retire. His favorite quote is from NBA player, Kevin Durant: “Hard work beats talent when talent fails to work hard”. The Beacon extends their congratulations to both Taylor and Victoria on this honor. Read all about Victoria Amado’s accomplishments in Matthew Maxcy’s latest article.