Now Playing: A Christmas Carol

Matt Engel, Staff Writer

The holidays are right around the corner, and there are few better places to be than at Shore Regional high school from December 3-6, when Shore Players perform the play A Christmas Carol. Originally a book written by English author Charles Dickens in 1843, it has since been transformed into a play. First played as a musical in New York’s Paramount Theater in 1994, it has become one of the best holiday musicals featuring good cheer.

The musical stars Nick Troncoso, as Ebenezer Scrooge, a bitter old man who becomes more kind after being visited by the ghosts of Christmas Past, Present, and Future. Other major characters include Bob Cratchit (Luke Sweeney), Jacob Marley (Jared Cohen), and the Ghost of Christmas past (Felicia Aschettino). Other actors include Jack Sweeney (Tiny Tim), and a trio of Shore athletes in Jack Campbell, Alex Patton, and Michael O’Halloran. The full cast can be seen on the programs given out on show night.

Shore Regional Players has a well-deserved reputation of performing exceptional plays, as they took home 7 Basie Awards last year. Todd Aikens, in his 6th year as the director of Shore Players, is a Shore graduate. He also played the role of DJ Vince Fontaine in a national tour of Grease. His experience as an actor serves as an example for the young, talented actors of Shore.

Tickets can be purchased for $15 on show night. Additional information about the play can be viewed on http://www.shoreregional.org/ShorePlayers