Are You Afraid of the Big Bad Clown?

Sydney Sears, Staff Writer

There have been dozens of reports, across fifteen states regarding the recent clown epidemic that has since swept our nation over the past month.

Recently, a Philadelphia and Texas school district reported that police were investigating threats made by disturbing clowns on social media. Schools in Cincinnati, Ohio, were closed after a woman reported being attacked by a man dressed as a clown.

Approximately 19 states up and down the east coast have reported either clown sightings or clown attacks, including New Jersey. There have been dozens of sightings in the Garden State. In Bound Brook, NJ, a high school student told police that a “creepy clown” stepped out of the bushes as the students walked to class on Monday morning. According to police, the man resembled a character from the popular horror movie, Scream. On September 30, a man who lives in Spotswood, NJ told police a person dressed as a clown peered into his windows around 1:00am. Oceanport, NJ residents reported clown sightings, as well. 

Adviser’s Note: The Shore Regional High School administration is asking that, due to the close proximity of SRHS to local elementary schools, high school students refrain from dressing as clowns this Halloween season