Meet our November Student of the Month: Jake Cecero

Jake Cecero, November 2016 Student of the Month

Name: Jake Cecero
Grade:  11
Role Model:   Music has been something that I have connected to for as long as I could remember.  Music creates such a demand for creativity and passion.  One of my biggest role models after listening to various types of music is Lady Gaga.  Not only is she a musician but she’s an artist.  She provokes the media with her image and does as she pleases.  She is a beacon of self love, creativity, and hope.  While she maintains her image she knows that she has more to offer than just that. Beyond being a figure of today’s society, she is an amazing artist.  She has pushed me to strive and reach my goals as a artist/performer.  She has taught me to be myself and to do what I love.  Not only does she inspire me to do what I love but to take what I love and do it seriously… with 100% passion and determination. I have been listening to her music for years and she has molded me into the person I am today.
Teacher with the most impact:  I have been so fortunate to have been able to continue my education at Shore Regional. Along the way I have met a lot of inspiring and impactful people, including the many teachers that I have been able to meet. One person that has impacted me the most is Mrs. Koontz.  I met Mrs. Koontz my freshman year of high school.  As a freshman, high school can be intimidating but with Mrs. Koontz as my first period teacher, I always knew that I had somewhere positive and warming to come to in the morning.  She always had smile on her face and gave a warm welcome every morning. Even though I do not have her as a teacher anymore, I still work closely with her in the Interact Club and she is always challenging me to be myself and push myself to do my best.  If I ever needed anything I know that she would be there with a listening ear and a helping hand.  Not only has she helped me excel in my studies, but she also has helped me excel as a person with life lessons that I will always remember.
Activities:  Shore Players, Interact Officer, SAW Officer, Student Council
Future Goals/Plans:  I hope to attend a good college with a major in communications. I also hope that one day I can be on Broadway and live a successful life while also being able to travel.

Personal Quote:  “When you become the image of your own imagination, it’s the most powerful thing you could ever do.” ― RuPaul