Blood, Sweat and Glitter

Prom season is upon us

http://maxpixel.freegreatpicture.com/

Colours Stars Glitter Shine Sparkle

Tea Damiano, Staff Writer

As the last months of school approach, so does prom. Girls are scrambling to find dresses, and dates for their prom. The class advisors, for both the seniors and juniors, have been working extremely hard for the students to have a night to remember.

Mrs. Encarnacion, one of the class advisors for the class of 2018, informed the Beacon that more than half of the grade has signed up to attend the prom. Their prom will be held at Monmouth University, in the Rebecca Stafford student center on Saturday, May 20th. Mrs. Encarnacion told the Beacon that the preparations for the prom have not been too stressful, thanks to all the help from the parents who have signed up to bring food and help decorate the room. Class president Mary-Kate George, Vice President Drew Maher, Secretary Ellie George, and Treasurer Summer Notte have also helped in the preparation for their prom to make it a night they students will never forget! Many of the junior boys have asked the girls to join them in going to the prom with a “Prom-posal”.

Mrs. Defino, one of the advisors for the graduating class of 2017, has informed the Beacon about the senior prom which will be held at Buona Sera in Ocean Township, on Friday June 2nd. There will be a simple beach theme for the evening. The dinner will be buffet style, and for dessert there will be an ice cream and waffle station! Many of the seniors are expected to attend with a guest. Mrs. Defino expressed to the Beacon that it was actually easier to organize the senior prom than it was the junior prom. The graduating class is extremely excited to get dressed up and celebrate with each other for one last hoorah!

Prom is truly a magical night for the girls and the boys of Shore Regional. All the scrambling to find a dress, a date, or the right color tie will all pay off on that single night. Both the senior and junior advisors have worked extremely hard to give their students the best possible night and look forward to seeing their students enjoy a night to remember.