Lady Gaga postpones “Joanne World Tour” in Europe after suffering severe physical pain

photo via Wikimedia Commons under Creative Commons license

Ronald S Woan

Ronald S Woan

Nina Areyan, Staff Writer

The mega popstar wrote a letter explaining the rescheduling of the European leg of her World Tour after going to the hospital for chronic pain.

This August, Mother Monster kicked off her Joanne World Tour in Canada. Starting in Canada, the superstar launched her biggest tour yet with magic walkways, tons of fashion, and new choreography. However, the tour has come to a rolling stop. On September 14th, Gaga released a statement saying that she would not be able to perform at the “Rock in Rio” festival, in a letter she penned on Twitter announcing that she would not be able perform due to “severe physical pain,” which has recently been attributed to the disorder Fibromyalgia. Fans and little monsters in Brazil were devastated by the news. While many understood and wished Gaga a fast recovery, some people criticized the megastar and claimed that she was being “dramatic.” In the end, the show went on, and Maroon 5 performed at the show in Gaga’s absence.  

Unfortunately, there is more bad news. Gaga is still dealing with her chronic pain and has even been taken to the hospital. She wrote via Twitter, “It’s not simply hip pain or wear & tear from tour, I’m in severe pain. I’m in good hands with the very best doctors.” As a result, she has postponed her European leg of her world tour. As of right now, it has been rescheduled for early 2018.  As for the second part of American leg, the “Joanne World Tour” is still set to start back up on November 5th at Bankers Life Fieldhouse in Indianapolis, Indiana.

• Lady Gaga postpones “Joanne World Tour” in Europe after suffering severe physical pain

News

E. Coli outbreak linked to romaine lettuce

Arts & Entertainment

Woman wins $1.2 Million on bet placed on the Kentucky Derby

News

Hawaii’s major volcanic eruption brings about their worst earthquake in decades

News

The Royal Wedding date is approaching quickly

News

Hawaii to ban certain sunscreens beginning in 2021

Arts & Entertainment

“Dancing With the Stars” returns for 26th season

News

SAW at the MSPCA Walk-a-Thon

News

Say Hello to His Royal Highness Prince Louis of Cambridge

News

2020 Census Ignites Concerns

• News

Shore Students Participate in The National Walkout Day Event