Student Council’s ‘Senior Spaghetti Dinner’ is a hit for local senior citizens

Brenna O'Brien, Staff Writer

On Thursday, October 17th the Shore Regional High School Student Council held its annual Senior Spaghetti Dinner in the front cafeteria. At 5:00 pm, senior citizens from around the area arrived by way of Shore Regional buses and many exciting activities ensued. 

Before dinner, a request was made that “Twist and Shout” should be played. The request was carried out, and three guests began to dance. They seemed like they were having the time of their lives, and everyone was very entertained. An appetizer of salad and bread was served before the meal, followed by the main course: spaghetti and meatballs. Everyone seemed to enjoy their meals, and appreciated each other’s company. 

Throughout the meal, members of student council socialized with the senior citizens and made sure they were comfortable and at ease. After dinner, there was a special treat: BINGO!. Guests played for prizes such as gift cards to local eateries, sweets, and other goodies. There were many lucky winners who took home great prizes. After the exciting BINGO game was over, and all of the prizes had been won, dessert was served. There were many dessert options, everything from cookies and brownies to cupcakes and pie. The event ended around 7, and everyone went home full and happy. 

Co-advisor Ms. Cronk said, “the dinner is one of the best nights of the year for Student Council. The kids love interacting with the seniors who share their life experiences and the seniors love interacting with the youth – it was a great night!”