November students of the month

Eric Munjack and Emily Hazelrigg are Shore’s “Students of the Month” for November

Emma Paolantonio, Staff Writer

Smiling faces and educational excellence are not the only things that make up a Shore Regional Student of the Month. As the 2019-2020 school years unfolds, senior Eric Munjack and junior Emily Hazelrigg are recognized for their many contributions to the school. 

Eric Munjack is an active member of clubs such as Students for Animal Welfare, Interact, Conquer Cancer, and Students Against Destructive Decisions. Eric is also involved in an internship and volunteers with American Friends Service Committee’s Immigrant Rights Program in Red Bank. The educators that have most impacted his life are Mr. Nicol and Sra. Gilbert. Eric says that Mr. Nicol’s goofy nature and comfortable teaching environment led to his growth and maturity during the time he took Honors Algebra II. Eric says that he found himself excited to go to math every day. He also says that he doesn’t have enough good things to say about Mrs. Gilbert. “Senora Gilbert’s erudition coupled with her overwhelming warmth made for an irreplaceable school experience,” he writes. Eric says that his greatest role model in his life is his older sister; “She continues to push through the intricacies of life all the while remaining headstrong; she knows who she is and no one can tell her otherwise. There is nothing stronger than the bond between my sister and I, and I will be forever grateful for all the amazing lessons she has taught me”. Eric is grateful for the small and supportive Shore Regional community. In his future, Eric hopes to be financially and mentally strong in his future. He hopes to one day look back on his life and feel proud with all that he has accomplished.

Emily Hazelrigg shares similar goals for her future. She hopes to have a successful career and live a happy life with her family. Currently, Emily is involved in Shore Players, Interact, International Club, and is the treasurer of GSA. Emily says that she looks up to her grandma because she loved learning about new things, and always pushed through the hardships she dealt with. When it comes to her day to day life at Shore Regional, Emily states that, “The faculty and students create a lively environment. Classes are fun, and teachers make learning easy.” Emily writes that the teachers that have most impacted her life are Senora Gilbert and Mr. Mullarney. Mrs. Gilbert wrote Emily’s letter of recommendation for her CIEE application for which she was accepted her first choice study abroad program with a scholarship. She also thanks Mr. Mullarney for helping her realize her abilities in chemistry, a subject which she may now pursue in her future. 

Congratulations to the November Students of the Month! We wish you the best of luck in your future, and thank you for the impact you’ve made on the Shore Regional community.